Literatürde Metabolik Cerrahi
1) The World Health Report. 2002. Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life: 2002. (Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization).
2) Hossain P, et al. Obesity and diabetes in the developing world-a growing challenge. N Engl J Med 2007; 356: 213–215.
3) Kopelman PG. Obesity as a medical problem. Nature 2000; 404: 635–643.
4) Kortt MA, et al. A review of cost-of-illness studies on obesity. Clin Ther 1998; 20: 772–779.
5) Bray GA, et al. Medicinal strategies in the treatment of obesity. Nature 2000; 404: 672-7.
6) McCullough ML, et al. Following cancer prevention guidelines reduces risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and all-cause mortality. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011; 20(6): 1089-97.
7) Venkat NKM, et al. Diabetes–a common, growing, serious, costly and potentially preventable public health problem. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2000; 50(2): 77-84.
8) King H, et al. Global burden of diabetes, 1995-2025: prevalence, numerical estimates, and projections. Diabetes Care 1998; 21: 1414-31.
9) Zimmet P, Alberti KG, Shaw J. Global and societal implications of the diabetes epidemic. Nature 2001; 414: 782-787.
10) Onat A, et al. Prevalence, incidence, predictors and outcome of type 2 diabetes in Turkey. Anadol Kardiyol Derg 2006; 6(4): 314-21.
11) Oğuz A, et al. Obesity and abdominal obesity; an alarming challenge for cardio-metabolic risk in Turkish adults. Anadol Kardiyol Derg 2008;8(6):401-6.
12) Onat A, et al. Predictive value of prehypertension for metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and coronary heart disease among Turks. Am J Hypertens 2008; 21(8): 890-5.
13) Erem C, et al. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome and associated risk factors among Turkish adults: Trabzon MetS study. Endocrine 2008; 33: 9-20.
14) Onat A, et al. Elevated LDL-cholesterol level predicts diabetes in centrally obese women but not men: relative roles of insulin resistance and central obesity. Circ J 2007; 71(9): 1463-7.
15) Duman BS, et al. Association of Resistin Gene 3′-Untranslated Region EX4-44G–>A Polymorphism with Obesity- and Insulin-Related Phenotypes in Turkish Type 2 Diabetes Patients. Rev Diabet Stud. 2007; 4(1): 49-55.
16) Pories WJ. Diabetes: The evolution of a new paradigm. Ann Surg 2004; 239(1): 12-13.
17) King H, et al. Global burden of diabetes, 1995-2025: prevalence, numerical estimates, and projections. Diab Care 1998; 21: 1414-1431.
18) Pories W, et al. “Who would have thought it? An operation proves to be the most effective therapy for adult onset Diabetes Mellitus”. Ann Surg 1995; 222(3): 339-352.
19) Scheen AJ, et al. The place of bariatric surgery in the management of the obese type 2 diabetic patient. Int Diab Monitor 1998; 10: 1-7. 20) Rubino F, et al. The early effect of the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on hormones involved in body weight regulation and glucose metabolism. Ann Surg 2004; 240:236-242 .
21) Adami GF, et al. Recovery of insulin sensitivity in obese patients at short term after biliopancreatic diversion. J Surg Res 2003; 113: 217-221.
22) Dhabuwala A, et al. Improvement in co-morbidities following weight loss from gastric bypass surgery. Obes Surg 2000; 10: 428-435.
23) MacDonald KG Jr, et al. The gastric bypass operation reduces the progression and mortality of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Gastrointest Surg 1997; 1: 213-220.
24) Scopinaro N, et al. Specific effects of biliopancreatic diversion on the major components of metabolic syndrome: a long-term follow up study. Diabetes Care 2005; 28: 2406-2411.
25) Scopinaro N, et al.Long-Term Control of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and the Other Major Components of the Metabolic Syndrome after Biliopancreatic Diversion in Patients with BMI < 35 kg/m2 . Obesity Surgery 2007; 17: 185-192.
26) Rubino F, et al. Effect of duodenal-jejunal exclusion in a non-obese animal model of type 2 diabetes. Ann Surg 2004;239:1–11.
27) DePaula AL, et al. Laparoscopic treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus for patients with a body mass index less than 35. Surg Endosc 2008; 22: 706–716.
28) AC Ramos, et al. Laparoscopic duodenal-jejunal exclusion in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients with BMI < 30 kg/m2 (LBMI). Obes Surg 2009; 19(3): 307-312.
29) Santoro S. Adaptive and neuroendocrine procedures: A new pathway in bariatric and metabolic surgery. Obes Surg; 2008: 18:1343-45.
30) Freeman JS. The pathophysiologic role of incretins. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2007; 107(3): 6-9.
31) Boyle PJ, et al. Application of incretin mimetics and Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV inhibitors in managing type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Am Osteopath Assoc 2007; 107(3):10-16.
32) Hou, J, et al. High-level expression of fusion protein containing 10 tandem repeated GLP-1 analogs in Yeast Pichia pastoris and its biological activity in a diabetic rat model. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2007; 71(6): 1462-1469.
33) Mason EE. Ilial transposition and enteroglucagon/GLP-1 in obesity (and diabetic?) surgery. Obes Surg 1999; 9: 223-228.
34) Schauer PR, et al. Effect of laparoscopic Roux-en Y gastric bypass on type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ann Surg 2003; 238: 467-484.
35) Clements RH, et al. Hormonal changes after Roux-en Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity and the control of type-II diabetes mellitus. Am Surg 2004; 70: 1-4.
36) Cummings DE, et al. Plasma ghrelin levels after diet-induced weight loss or gastric bypass surgery. N Engl J Med 2002; 346: 1623-30.
37) Atkinson RL, et al. Appetite suppressant activity in plasma of rats after intestinal bypass surgery. Am J Physiol 1982; 243: 60-64.
38) Faraj M, Havel PJ, Phelis S, et al. Plasma acylation-stimulating protein, adiponectin, leptin, and ghrelin before and after weight loss induced by gastric bypass surgery in morbidly obese subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003; 88: 1594-1602.
39) Aylwin SJB. Gastrointestinal surgery and gut hormones. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes 2005; 12: 89-98.
40) Imamura M. Effects of surgical manipulation of the intestine on peptide YY and its physiology. Peptides 2002; 23:403-407.
41) Le Roux CW, et al. Gut hormone profiles following bariatric surgery favor an anorectic state, facilitate weight loss, and improve metabolic parameters. Ann Surg 2006; 243: 108-114.
42) Drucker DJ. Incretin-based therapies: a clinical need filled by unique metabolic effects. Diabetes Educ 2006; 32(Suppl 2); 65-71.
43) DeFronzo RA, et al. Effects of exenatide (exendin-4) on glycemic control and weight over 30 weeks in metformin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2005; 28: 1092-1100.
44) Buse JB, et al. For the Exenatide-113 Clinical Study Group. Effects of exenatide (exendin-4) on glycemic control over 30 weeks in sulfonylurea-treated patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2004;27:2628-2635.
45) Kendall DM, et al. Effects of exenatide (exendin-4) on glycemic control over 30 weeks in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with metformin and a sulfonylurea. Diabetes Care 2005; 28:1083-1091.
46) NIH Conference: Gastrointestinal surgery for severe obesity. Ann Intern Med 1991; 115: 959-61.
47) Brolin RE, et al. Long-limb gastric bypass in the superobese: a prospective randomized study. Ann Surg 1992; 215: 387-95.
48) MacLean LD, et al. Late outcome of isolated gastric bypass. Ann Surg 2000; 231: 524 –528.
49) Wittgrove A, et al. Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y: 500 patients: technique and results, with 3–60 month follow-up. Obese Surg 2000; 10: 233–39.
50) Higa K, et al. Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity. Arch Surg 2000; 135:1 029 –34.
51) Schauer P, et al. Outcomes after laparoscopic gastric bypass for morbid obesity. Ann Surg 2000; 232: 515–29.
52) DeMaria EJ, et al. Results of 281 consecutive total laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypasses to treat morbid obesity. Ann Surg 2002; 235: 640–647.
53) MacDonald KG Jr, et al. The gastric bypass operation reduces the progression and mortality of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Gastrointest Surg 1997;1:213-20.
54) Flum DR, et al. Impact of gastric bypass operation on survival: a population-based analysis. J Am Coll Surg 2004;199:543-51.
55) Christou NV, et al. Surgery decreases long-term mortality, morbidity, and health care use in morbidly obese patients. Ann Surg 2004; 240: 416-23.
56) Zhang W, et al. Factors influencing survival following surgical treatment of obesity. Obes Surg 2005; 15: 43-50.
57) Sjöström L,et al. Effects of bariatric surgery on mortality in Swedish obese subjects. N Engl J Med 2007; 357: 741-52.
58) Greenway SE, et al. Effects of obesity surgery on non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Arch Surg 2002; 137: 1109-17.
59) Snow LL, et al. The effect of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on prescription drug costs. Obesity Surgery 2004; 14: 1031-35.
60) Pories WJ, et al. Surgical treatment of obesity and its effect on diabetes: 10-year follow-up. Am J Clin Nutr 1992; 55: 582-5.
61) Cohen R, et al. Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for BMI < 35 kg/m(2): a tailored approach. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2006; 2:401-4.
62) Schauer PR, et al. Effect of laparoscopic Roux-en Y gastric bypass on type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ann Surg 2003; 238: 467-85.
63) Saber AA, et al. Bariatric Surgery: The Past, Present, and Future. Obes Surg 2008; 18: 121–128.
64) Cohen RV, et al. Duodenal-jejunal bypass for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in patients with body mass index of 22-34 kg/m2: a report of two cases. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2007; 3(2): 195-7.
65) Rubino F, et al. Potential of surgery for curing type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ann Surg 2002; 236: 554-9.
66) Patriti A, et al. The enteroinsular axis and the recovery from type 2 diabetes after bariatric surgery. Obes Surg 2004; 14: 840-8.
67) Hickey MS, et al. A new paradigm for type 2 diabetes mellitus: could it be a disease of the foregut? Ann Surg 1998; 227: 637-44.
68) Sirinek KR, et al. Hyperinsulinism, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, and the enteroinsular axis in morbidly obese patients before and after gastric bypass. Surgery 1986; 100: 781-7.
69) Pories WJ. Why does the gastric bypass control type 2 diabetes mellitus? Obes Surg 1992; 2: 303-13.
70) Holdstock C, et al. Ghrelin and adipose tissue regulatory peptides: effect of gastric bypass surgery in obese humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003; 88: 3177-83.
71) Harris MI. Racial and ethnic differences in health care access and health outcomes for adults with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2001; 24(3): 454-9.
72) Ramachandran A, Ma RC, Snehalatha C. Diabetes in Asia. Lancet 2010; 375:408-18.
Bir önceki yazımız olan Alper Çelik başlıklı makalemizde alper çelik, doç dr alper çelik ve doktor alper çelik hakkında bilgiler verilmektedir.